Wishes

Wishes

Wishes

Wishes

NOTICE BOARD

"I wish I knew who are the people visiting my blog site. I really love to know you. Please sign in for me. Thank you."

PAGES

Sunday, November 2, 2014

What Christmas Means to me.


Christmas, in these days, become the greatest religious festival in the world. In England, Christmas is celebrated by another height of religious passion. I’m also very fascinated about Christmas too and Christmas is my favorite time in the year. But the question is why we are celebrating Christmas. Many people in present days don’t know what is Christmas. They don’t know from where Christmas comes and why we celebrate it so loudly. Here, I’ll try to give you a short description about Christmas. Hope, you’ll get better understanding about Christmas and will be more passionate about it.

Christmas is not just about Christmas trees, light, stockings and gifts. There are more things that are associated with Christmas. Christmas comes for two words “Christ” and “Mass”. Here, the word “Christ” comes from the founder or prime figure of Christianity “Jesus Christ” and the word “Mass” means celebration. So, it’s clear to all now that we are celebrating Christ in Christmas. In specifically, we commemorate the birth of the Jesus Christ, messenger of God for the Christian, by Christmas. Jesus Christ was born on December 25 in the town of Bethlehem, Israel. Thus, December 25 is the Christmas holiday all over the world to commemorate the birth of Jesus.

In my life, every year Christmas come with exciting feeling. From November onwards, it’s not possible to forget that Christmas is ahead. I find that my surrounds is changing day by day to December 25. Town centers and shops all are decorate with different colored lights. Artificial snow painting on shop windows, along with shiny decorations, makes it looks very special. 'Christmas trees' is another exciting symbol to me. In streets and shops, ‘Christmas trees' (real or plastic evergreen 'conifer' trees) are also decorated with Christmas ornaments and lights. Like every home, in my home I also decorate a Christmas tree. Sending Christmas cards, a part of Christmas ceremony,...  and my mother always tells us that this day is special because a Saviour was born to save us.



0 comments: